What Can Be Sprayed On A Metal Roof To Prevent Ice From Sticking?
_Are you having problems with ice sticking to your roof during the winter months? Do you need something to help keep the ice from sticking?_
_Below are a few ideas of products that may be of some service to you. There are quite a few choices like pellets, spray, or powder. _
DUPONT TEFLON ICE & SNOW REPELLANT
- This will prevent ice and snow from building up on your roof, freezing your doors shut, or clogging your chutes and augers.
- It has a clear, non – stick coating that is made with silicone and Teflon fluoropolymer to make sure that it has optimum performance.
- Works amazingly on leaders, gutters, snowplows, and even on your snowmobile.
It can also be used on door gaskets, snow shovels, and snow blowers which makes it so much easier when shoveling. You don’t have to worry about the snow or ice sticking to the shovel. Just spray it on whatever you don’t want snow and ice sticking to.
HARRIS SAFE MELT SNOW & ICE MELTER
- This choice is safe for pets.
- It doesn’t irritate or burn their paws so it can pretty much be put on anything that you don’t want snow or ice sticking on.
- This is one hundred percent magnesium chloride.
- It’s extremely effective at low temperatures, down to thirteen degrees.
- Starts working immediately on steps, roadways, roofs, patios and so much more.
- A huge plus is that this ice melter is kind to the environment, much kinder than the normal ice melters that are salt.
- They are also a lot less corrosive than calcium and sodium chloride.
PELLETS OF SNOW & ICE MELTER
This ice melter comes highly recommended because it melts on contact. It is so simple to use. Just spread it anywhere on the snow and ice and it just melts.
- It can melt down to twenty-five degrees.
- Claims to be the fastest ice melter available.
- This is one – hundred – percent calcium chloride.
EXCEL SNOW & ICE MELTER
- This comes in a fifty – pound bucket
- Calcium chloride is a commercial grade
- It melts to twenty – five degrees.
- The pellets start to melt on contact.
- Colorless, odorless and it does not leave any residue.
- This damages concrete a lot less.
NORTH AMERICAN SALT
- This product melts down to twenty – five degrees.
- It leaves no residue at all.
- Penetrates deeply into the snow and ice.
- The heat is instantly generated.
- Just open the co0ntainer and it’s ready to be used.
SCOTT WOOD ROAD RUNNER PREMIUM ICE MELTER
- Fifty-pounds of premium ice melter.
- This product is safe to be used on concrete.
- It is safe for vegetation and safe for the environment.
- This one actually melts down to fifteen – degrees.
- It is colorless and you won’t have to worry about any bad odor since it is also odorless.
- Also starts melting as soon as it makes contact.
The different products listed here are all great at melting ice and snow and therefore making life so much easier for you. It’s up to your preference as to which you would prefer to use!